Superwool® Prime mats (successor to Superwool® HT) with the latest fibre chemistry for applications requiring high performance at a classification temperature of 1300°C. The product exhibits exceptional thermal and physical properties. Superwool® Prime mats manufactured with the patented low-shot technology offer improved mechanical performance with very easy handling. In addition, the mats are flexible, soft to the touch and less irritating to use due to the low-shot fibres.
Superwool® Prime mats have excellent insulating properties at high temperatures. Superwool® Prime mats have excellent thermal stability and retain their original soft fibre structure up to the maximum continuous use temperature. Superwool® Prime mats do not contain binders or lubricants and do not emit fumes or odours when first fired.
- Excellent thermal conductivity
- Classification temperature of 1300°C
- Easy handling, flexibility and tensile strength
- Low biopersistence of the fibre means that it is not classified as carcinogenic
- Improved energy efficiency and heat storage through a better insulation system, which offers the possibility of reducing CO2 emissions
- Excellent thermal performance in applications requiring high temperatures, allowing for flexible design
- The high tensile strength is an excellent choice for applications that require more handling, bending or vibration.
Mats (blankets) made of high temperature wool are needled lightweight mats made of biosoluble (AES) high temperature wool (HTW) and provide an effective solution for a wide range of thermal insulation applications. They are characterized by excellent insulating properties, high resistance to chemicals, elasticity and dimensional stability. They are exclusively inorganic and therefore do not generate smoke or fumes when exposed to heat. They are available in a wide range of densities and thickness combinations, making them one of the most versatile product groups on the market.
Alkaline earth silicate fiber high temperature wool (AES Alkaline Earth Silicate Wool) consist of a mix of amorphous fibers, which are melted and then rapidly solidified using a combination of silica SiO2 and calcium oxide (CaO) with magnesium oxide (MgO) can be produced.
Ceramic and glass industry
- Float glass preheating and start-up hoods
- Glass casting moulds
- Tunnel kiln expansion joints
- Bogie hearth furnace for sanitary ceramics: roof and wall insulation
- Roller hearth furnaces: back lining, roller fillings and expansion joints
- Applications in automotive glazing systems
- Annealing furnace doors
- Insulation of ladle side gates
- General thermal insulation
- Repairs of coke ovens
- Reheating furnace lining
- Lining of melting/holding furnace doors
- Manifold cover and slide
- Jacket pipe seal
Consumer goods industry
- Chimney insulation gas fireplaces
- insulation of oven casings
- Insulation for boilers and water heaters
Morgan Thermal Ceramics
Morgan's development of low biopersistence fibers has led to a revolution in the use of fibers for high temperature insulation applications over the last 20 years. Our patented Superwool products, manufactured using ISO 9002 certified processes, are made from alkaline earth silicate (AES) composition fibers uniquely engineered to provide benefits in high temperature insulation applications.
Fiber mats are sold as roll goods as standard. The roll length depends on the selected thickness. As a standard width, we have 610mm wide rolls from stock. Double widths are available on request.
We manufacture molded parts according to your specifications. The roll goods are made using
- Water jet
brought into the right shape for you.
|SiO2:||64 – 70|
|CaO||29 – 35|
|Other oxides:||< 3|
|Classification temperature: *||1300 °C|
|Max. Continuous application temperature:||1150-1200 °C|
|Melting temperature:||1438 °C|
|200 ° C||0,07||0,08||0,06||0,05||0,06|
|400 ° C||0,12||0,10||0,10||0,09||0,09|
|600 ° C||0,19||0,17||0,16||0,13||0,13|
|800 ° C||0,31||0,26||0,23||0,20||0,18|
|1000 ° C||0,46||0,38||0,33||0,28||0,25|
|1200 ° C||0,64||0,53||0,45||0,38||0,33|
Data sheet Superwool® Prime
Product properties, typical applications and availabilities.
KS Technologie product catalog
Refractory | Seals | Foundry supplies | Conveyor chains | Chesterton